Kansas City 2017 Restaurant Week is a great event that began on Friday January 13 and ends on Sunday January 22, 2017. During this event local restaurants will be offering special lunch and dinner menus. Lunch menus are $15 and dinner meals are $33. You can view all the participating restaurants and review the special menus at KCRestaurantweek.com.
Restaurant Week is a great time to visit your favorite places or try new ones. However, navigating Restaurant Week can be tricky. Here are some tips from KCFoodGuys.com.
- Lunch is better: The $15 lunch menu is a much better value than the $33 dinner. Make Restaurant Week your lunch time hobby.
- Make a reservation: Popular restaurants will be very busy during Restaurant Week so make a reservation when available.
- Read carefully: A quick glance at the Restaurant Week menu can cause grief. Some menu’s will list 4 courses but you wont always notice that your limited to pick 3.
- Don’t be picky: Don’t assume your favorite item will be on the restaurant week menu. Enjoying Restaurant Week limits your choices to only a few options so review the menus carefully to make sure you will enjoy the featured plates and options. Note, some restaurants only have a single option for their Restaurant Week menu.
- Some menus are better than others: Some restaurants will have 2 courses for lunch while others have 3 courses. Make sure to review the menus so you pick a destination that has the most offerings.
- Suburbs rejoice: Restaurant week isn’t limit to the yuppie food regions in the cities core. Many participating restaurants are located in the extreme corners of our city within our cozy suburbs.
- Drinks included?: A few restaurants (ie: Port Fonda) include a drink with their lunch and dinner special.
- Don’t Shrink Your Tip: Smaller bill usually indicates a smaller tip so please take care of your wait staff and consider a %30 gratuity when enjoying special menus like Restaurant Week.
KCFoodGuys.com loves Kansas City dining and we love Restaurant Week. This is a great time for Kansas City dinning so take advantage of these great deals. Here are some of our favorite menus. Look at these incredible deals!